A dental veneer, or porcelain veneer, can fix all different kinds of dental issues. Many patients elect for dental veneers to improve the aesthetic of their smiles. Veneers are ultra-thin, protective, and beautiful.
What is a Veneer?
A veneer is a custom-made layer of toothlike material designed to fit over your existing tooth. Dr. Enfinger bonds the veneers to the teeth in order to alter their color, shape, or size. These thin restorations are made from porcelain or resin composite, and blend in perfectly with your natural teeth.
When to Ask About Veneers
Are dental veneers right for you? Porcelain veneers can help patients with any of the following conditions:
- Substantially worn down or weakened teeth
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Tooth with sharp edges
- Unwanted gaps between the teeth
- Discolored or hard-to-whiten teeth
What to Expect from Your Procedure
When you and Dr. Enfinger decide that dental veneers are right for you:
- The dentist will take x-rays and make impressions of your teeth and mouth.
- Dr. Enfinger will provide a local anesthetic, and then remove about ½ of a millimeter of enamel from the tooth to prepare for the new veneers.
- These impressions are sent to a lab, where they produce custom-made porcelain veneers that are personalized for you. We will provide a temporary restoration to keep your smile beautiful while you wait on your permanent veneer. We also offer CEREC technology, so we can alternatively create your new smile in just one day!
- Dr. Enfinger will check the fit and color of your dental veneer before placement. If you’re both happy, he will bond the veneer to the tooth.
- Your dentist will polish and file the veneer to perfection.
What are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
Patients who are self-conscious about their teeth can achieve a spectacular smile with dental veneers. Veneers are resistant to staining, and will strengthen damaged teeth. They are a more conservative treatment than dental crowns, and can last for 10 years or more with proper care.
Achieve a Better Smile at Advanced Esthetic Dentistry
Dental veneers not only keep teeth healthy and create a natural-looking smile, but also change lives by making patients feel more confident in themselves. To learn more about how you can start showing off a flawless smile in as little as ONE visit to our office, contact us at Advanced Esthetic Dentistry today!